WHAT WE LOVED:
- I can hear the birds singing everywhere
- I love the architecture, the small bridges over the canals
- The villas & the palazzi (palaces)
- Lido neighborhood and its coastal private homes
- Lack of cars and traffic
- Efficient public transportation, boats are quiet frequent and 24/7
- Amazing galleries and museums
WHAT WE HATED:
- Tourists, lots of them.
- Boat taxi prices-Scamming taxis drivers
- Horrible food & restaurants everywhere-over priced restos. This is not Tuscany!
- Locals have terrible sense of fashion and style
- Locals have terrible sense of music
- Romantic my ass, try Prague or come off season